Surgery Phone Number
Out of Surgery Hours
For life threatening or serious medical problems – 999
Fax: 01934 834165
155 Mendip Road
Fax: 01934 876085
Monday to Friday 08.00-18.30
Health Visiting Team
Self Certification Sick Note
- You do not normally need a doctor’s certificate for the first seven days of illness.
- The Statutory Sick Pay Regulations state that employers are required to accept self-certification notes (filled in by you) for the first seven days of illness.
- These are available from the Surgery and your employer may also hold some.
- Alternatively, you can download and print off a copy yourself from the link below.
All employers must comply with these regulations
- You do not require any form of certification during the first FOUR DAYS off work.
- If you take up to SEVEN DAYS because you are not well enough to attend work, then you must fill in a self-certificate.
- Anything OVER SEVEN DAYS means you will need a doctor’s certificate and will need to visit a Doctor to acquire this.
Private Sick Notes
- Some employers or insurance schemes may ask you to provide a sick note.
- There will be a fee if you require a private note for the first seven days of your illness.
- The Surgery will be able to advise of the current fee and it would normally be expected that your employer cover this cost for you as doctor’s notes are not normally required for the first week of any illness.
Local NHS Information
please click on the titles below
The practice is in the
Yeo Vale Medical Practice is a member of the Lawcy Group
and we are also part of Work Doctors